this blog is honest and uncensored. if you know me in real life, please don't out me to anyone else. and please, feel free not to tell me you are reading this!

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Work is Messing With Me

I work for a non-profit and have private clients. The monthly salary of the non-profit covers all of our bills. It's a decent gig when they aren't jerking me around.

Currently, they only jerk me around. B mostly wants me to suck it up to make sure we get some of the hospital bills taken care of. So a few more months.

At this point, a few more months seems like an eternity. They want me to sign a contract that they gave me an hour before they wanted it signed. I've been trying to negotiate it with them for two months now. They've met with me once. And at that meeting, they didn't even discuss the contract. Instead, they ambushed me with vague statements regarding client and staff complaints.  I can't address then because I have no idea what the complaints are our who has made them. This is both extremely inappropriate and unprofessional.

In addition, they've set deadlines for a contract to get into place. Then days before the last deadline, they extended it.  I'm currently three days away from the next deadline.

After the last attack, er meeting,  I decided to leave. Now they are asking me to come discuss the contract tomorrow. They also want me to prepare reports for them regarding my number of hours and all complaints and how they were resolved. They just told me this before I started writing today. Our meeting is tomorrow.

The other thing to keep in mind is that complaints happen all the time due to the nature of my work. I'm not working with happy people. But there are no formal complaints.  It's just people blowing off steam do it's not like we keep a list of these "complaints" anywhere. I'm absolutely not going to go through every note in every file to find these venting sessions. I'm not sure what I'm suppose to do with that....

So, I keep finding myself in this position where I may not have a job in three days which is very stressful. The only way to stop it is to leave. But then, we don't have any guaranteed money. So, I'm stuck taking it. I'm trying to think of another way to make this stop. Any suggestions?

1 comment:

  1. That is such a frustrating situation. I wish I had some useful suggestions for you.

    Sending you love and strength!

    ReplyDelete