this blog is honest and uncensored. if you know me in real life, please don't out me to anyone else. and please, feel free not to tell me you are reading this!

Sunday, December 18, 2011

Keeping It Together and Resources

As you can probably imagine, I'm super nervous about our new baby. This is my scary week. This is the week that our last little one stopped growing. It'll still be several weeks before I am more pregnant than I have ever been (That'll happen at 12 weeks even though my miscarriage lasted over a full month after that. 12 weeks is when we discovered our loss. So that's my milestone.). Thursday, we get to hear the heartbeat via ultrasound. Thursday is our next milestone.

So, today, I've been worried. Honestly, I've been worried since the plus sign appeared on the pregnancy test. But today more so than others. Partly because I've been lazy and on the couch almost all day today since it's the weekend and my morning sickness is in full swing.

As a proactive measure, I've been researching subsequent pregnancy after a loss support groups. I've found a few that I'll call and check on tomorrow.

But the most exciting find? Bristol Beats. A couple that experienced a stillbirth at 5 months and then a successful pregnancy now "rents" (for free) doplers for parents that had a previous loss. I will be talking to my midwife about this. I can't imagine being able to hear my baby's heartbeat any time I need some assurance.

What a nice way to remember your daughter and help others. Not only does this seem helpful for me, but it inspired me. I think we might volunteer in memory of our little one and maybe host a fundraiser for Bristol Beats.

4 comments:

  1. I actually found them months ago on Facebook! i hope that you can get one! best of luck getting one!<3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keeping my fingers crossed for you to hear that heartbeat - and for a happy and healthy pregnancy with a happy and healthy baby at the end of it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! Happy to report that we heard and saw the quick little heartbeat. Now we're hoping to hear one with the doppler tomorrow. FX

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete